On the northern side of the Foyer, after an open transversal hallway painted in 1765, stands a lovely room decorated with paintings by Master Francesco Tellaroli in 1787. Café Berlucchi occupies this room and the adjacent Teosa Room and Butterfly Room. The latter contains memorabilia of the first triumphant success of Puccini’s Madame Butterfly which found its fortune in this Theater.
At the beginning, this room was used by the Academy’ directors. Subsequently, it became a fencing school due to the compelling military needs of the time.
The café is open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 9pm accordingly with the theater’s activity. Teatro Grande Café – Berlucchi is a cultural café where it is often possible to enjoy events, meetings, conferences, and concerts.
The café has free wi-fi connection.